Who are we?
Our website: deanandchapterhouse.co.uk
This policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use our website, services, products and content.
We value your privacy. When you share information with us, we make sure it is stored as securely as possible, and kept only for the purpose intended.
Customer names, email and postal addresses are stored in a computer database and are used solely for our own business purposes. We do not disclose or sell customer names and addresses to anybody. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rdparties.
We use customer details to contact customers from time to time with information about what is happening at Dean & Chapter House and about our products. If you do not wish to receive this communication then please let us know and we will remove all of your details from our mailing list. We will reveal customer information if a formal request is received from a government or statutory authority.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, offers or competitions
How we use the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and take payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services and products
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to amend our website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you might provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the individual websites privacy statements.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indication that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to use using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.